As with any other 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we need the public's help to cover the costs of programs, social services, construction projects and overhead. However, there are a number of other ways that you can help:
1) Volunteer your time and expertise, by facilitating a credit and/or money management workshop and/or a home buyer workshop.
2) Volunteer your time and skills, to help renovate an existing home or build a new construction home (No skills needed).
3) Volunteer your time, to help get the word out about HHLA and its mission, programs, social services, volunteer opportunities, construction projects, and affordable housing units.
4) Volunteer your time as a board member or advisory board member, to help steer the organization in the right direction and raise funds for the organization's annual operating budget, programs, services, and projects.
5) Volunteer your time and legal expertise as an estate planning attorney, to help HHLA clients create a living will, living trust, and/or last will and testament.
7) Support HHLA every time you shop on Amazon, at no cost to you. (See the AmazonSmile subpage, for more details.)
8) Donate your overgrown tax delinquent property - house or land - and unwanted heir property to HHLA.
9) Donate a working or disabled vehicle to HHLA.